Here at Fresh Food Friday, we’re famous for our specialised, catered events in the greater Gold Coast area. Since 2012 we’ve created a reputation for managing the details that make our events memorable for both our clients and their guests.
This is no accident! As the go-to company for those wanting seamless, professional catering, (large or small), we work with you to ensure we’re covered every detail necessary to deliver a magical experience for you.
On today’s blog, I’m going to share P.O.D.S – the program we use when we’re planning events with our clients. P.O.D.S gives our Fresh Food Friday team confidence we’ve understood everything important to our clients. It also helps our clients understand how their special event will come together, just as they expect it to.
Special occasions provide a unique opportunity to create memories that last long after the event is over. And there’s no greater compliment to you, as host/hostess than an event that truly reflects your standards and individual personality. So let’s work through the P.O.D.S elements, so you know what to expect when you work with us. Or what you need to do, if you’re planning to put something together yourself.
P is for Planning:
Planning isn’t just a ‘good idea’; it’s an essential precursor to a successful event. And to be candid, there’s a world of difference between thorough planning and a few vaguely thought out ideas on a scrap of paper. We work with you through all of the following:
- The type of function you plan on hosting (e.g. sit down catered meal vs. drinks and finger food)
- How many guests will be attending?
- Timing (are there special constraints, or considerations that need to be factored into the day/evening? For example, we’ve had birthday parties where an elderly special guest has needed to depart at a certain time, so cake and birthday toasts we’re earlier in the event than is traditional)
- Venue or location overview
At this point in the process, we’re often working with our clients to get the overview of what they would like to see come to life. We take this information away and return with the final quote. Once this is approved, we begin the organisation in earnest.
O is for Organisation:
In this phase, our planning comes to life and all of the details outlined earlier are secured and confirmed. This might include:
- Securing additional requirements (e.g., glasses/plates etc.)
- Additional staffing requirements (e.g., wait & bar staff)
- The outline of your menu for the event (more on this very special element below)
- Choosing entertainment – from DJs, to live music, to singer/songwriters to fireworks!
- We can also recommend beautiful table settings – fine china and classic crystal glassware for hire to make your intimate dinner party unforgettable.
For you as the host, if the following are not already finalised, we ask you to secure the venue you want to use (if it’s not your home), and to take care of inviting your guests.
D is for Delicacies Served:
Like it or not, people remember the food you serve. And the difference between a good event and a truly memorable one can rest on what people eat and drink while they’re in attendance. While we touch on food in our planning phase, it’s here we break down the detail to ensure you and your guests are delighted and fully satisfied on the day.
If you’re planning a cocktail party, our full-service canapé menu may be the perfect accompaniment? Select your preferences from:
- Butter chicken cups with garlic naan and poppadum’s
- Our famous poached chicken sandwiches with zesty lemon mayo
- Assorted seafood platters – with sashimi salmon on chopsticks, pacific oysters with a lemon vinaigrette and our famous poached prawns with homemade tartare sauce
- Late night lamb kebabs with cumin yoghurt and melted cheese (a popular inclusion for events with late finishing times)
with many selections more on offer.
Our grazing tables offer an exciting alternative to canapés and usually incorporate antipasto, fabulous cheeses and perhaps an organic baked ham. Follow it with our dessert grazing tables which include donuts, brownies, lemon curd tartlets and more. These are an immensely popular choice with both grown-ups and kids alike.
If you have your heart set on a full service, family-style meal, you’ll choose from a selection of canapés to start with, followed by a gorgeous selection of main meals to share and delicious dessert mini buffet to finish.
Canapé options include deep-fried brie with berry sauce, mini cups served with roast beef and horseradish sauce, quails eggs with truffle mayo & black caviar plus many others. Main meal selections are varied and served to be shared amongst 8 people. Options include slow roasted lamb shoulder marinated in garlic and porcini mushrooms, salmon coloubiac fish pie, assorted sides and much more. Desserts are delicious, light and varied, with both chocolate treats and lemon curd options on offer.
Finally, when we are in charge, our professional wait and bar staff will be on hand to ensure nothing unexpected disrupts your special event. Need a special celebration cocktail designed for your guest of honour? We’ll create it for you with our in-house mixologists. It’s all part of our commitment to service.
For more details, please refer to our Catering Page.
S is for Space:
Well-planned space is essential to a successful event. Whether you’re hosting at home or elsewhere, we’re always keen to ensure we know how the space works so that food and refreshments remain well stocked, are provided as scheduled, and flow freely for the duration of your event. In this phase, we’ll review the kitchen space, whether a bar is going to be set up, and where, so that we can keep it restocked discreetly. Plus we’ll work out whether keeping our preparation and tidy up out of sight will take any special thought or effort on the day.
So there you have it. Seamless, elegant and thoroughly well planned and organised. P.O.D.S is our backbone. And whilst we wouldn’t be without it, the magic lies in how our Fresh Food Friday team brings each of these individual elements to life. And in doing so, transforms an event from ‘nicely done’, into ‘absolutely memorable’.
If you have any questions, or you’d like to know more about what we offer, we would love to help you. Please contact us.